Here at “Coastal Windows And Conservatories”, we have made sufficient previsions to ensure we are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)- designed to protect you and your data-which came in effect on Friday, 25th may 2018.
We are fully committed and required to doing the right thing when it comes to how we collect, use and protect your personal data.
What data do we collect?
- Your full name
- Your full business address and/or home address.
- Telephone number/s, including business landline, home landline and mobile numbers.
- Email address (where applicable)
- As part of our aim to raise standards, we may record and monitor communication with you such as phone conversations, emails and texts. Purely for training, legal, compliance and quality reliance purposes.
We may also automatically collect information when you visit our website such as:
- Information about your visit such as the URL.
- Date and time of visit
- Length of time spent on certain pages and interactive information such as scrolling and clicks.
- Methods used to browse away from the page such as links.
- Traffic data
- Location data
- Any data provided when requesting further advice or services such as through our enquiry service.
- Your age
- Your user name
- IP address used to connect your device to the internet, domain, country, browser type, operating system and/or platform.
- If a user of a mobile application, your location data so that we can locate the most relevant products and services.
The service(s) or product(s) information
Information needed to supply services and/or products to you include:
- Information when opening an ‘account’ includes, payment details, details of your order, any past order/service history, address for product delivery, any requirements and/or restrictions and information regarding tax.
- Customer service information, customer relationship status and marketing information.
- If you contact us via our social media platforms regarding a product or service, we may collect your profile information and any information left on messages or comments that relate to our business.
The lawful basis we rely on.
The law on data protection lays out many different reasons a company may/will collect and process your personal data. This means we process all personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We use legitimate interests. This means in cases where we collect and/or process your personal data, we need it to follow our legitimate interest in a way that’s anticipated as part of running our business.
How we use this information:
We collect, store and use your personal data for the following reasons:
- To help us improve our products and/or services
- To allow our agents and/or sales representatives to follow up our service in the form of either telephone, email, post or after care procedure.
- To ease our internal record storage.
- To prepare for before and/or after photographs of improvements to your property via our services- for marketing purposes.
- To enable you to participate in promotions.
- To prevent/detect fraudulent activity.
- To review your interactions with us online such as website or messenger, for market research.
- To create statistical information about our users and agents/employees.
- To create statistical information in order to improve our products and/or services.
- To improve our website/browsing experience.
- To process orders you have placed for goods and/or services
- To allow us to contact you about special offers, new products or information we believe you may find interesting
- To help us understand your needs- allowing us to provide a better service.
- To allow us to contact you for market research purposes.
- To allow us to contact you about certain communications i.e. changes to our guarantees or terms and conditions.
- For health and safety and quality reassurance
- To offer relevant goods and/or services to you or your employer.
- To deal with any issues or complaints.
- To implement any business administration ensuring the security of our business, research and development.
- To comply with any laws, procedures or regulations that apply to us.
- To establish, exercise or defend our personal rights.
How we protect your information
- We always hold your information and data securely and have implemented strong security measures to ensure we are in line with the current data protection legislation; such as using an ‘https’ ensuring your data is secure. We often undertake information audit and user testing to ensure all yours and ours data is secure, not duplicated and effective.
Controlling information relating to you
Your rights over your information
You withhold the right to request:
- Access to the data we hold about you.
- That we stop using your personal data for marketing purposes through certain ways; or all.
- The correction of any data we already hold about you; whether wrong, out of date, or incomplete.
- That we stop any consent based processing of your data; post you requesting withdrawal of that consent.
- That we erase your data when you request, providing we have no legitimate purpose such as an active guarantee.
To request a copy of the information we hold about you please contact – Miss S Love , Unit 8, Silverhills Units, Decoy Industrial Estate, Newton Abbot, TQ12 5LZ
If we choose not to do your request we will inform you of our reasons for refusal. When we are processing your information under our legitimate interest you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we have reasons to override your request.
How long we hold your information
Whenever we collect or process your data we only use it for as long as is necessary purely for the reason it was collected. After that period it will be erased or only used in an anonymous way for statistics.
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next.
- Test content on our website
- Store information about your preferences
- To recognise when you visit our website, allowing us to show you relevant content.
- Analyse our web traffic.
Our contact details:
Coastal Windows and Conservatories
We can be emailed at: email@example.com
We can be called on: 0800 085 4301
Or you can post to: Miss S Love , Unit 8, Silverhills Units, Decoy Industrial Estate, Newton Abbot, TQ12 5LZ